- This event has passed.
Parent Workshop – Body Science with Claire from Saleema Noon (Sexual Health Educators)
April 17 @ 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
PART I: PARENTS’ SESSION (90 minutes, 6:30pm-8:00pm) in the LIBRARY. Child care will be provided.
- Reasons why we need to talk to children about sexual health at a young age
- 5 stages of sexual development children progress through on their way to becoming sexually mature adults
- What children should know at each stage, with specific examples of ways to explain body parts and processes
- How to provide information to children in a way they will understand and remember (and minimize embarrassment for the parent!)
- How to effectively answer the questions children ask
- How to reduce risk of child sexual abuse
- What will be covered in Body Science sessions for students
Time for open discussion and questions will be included, and we will bring a display of books and other resources.